Bradford County Action’s In-School program is available to eligible youth ages 14-21 years of age who reside in Bradford County and are enrolled in school.
Students must be eligible to receive services.
Career Decision Making, Labor Market Information and Job Exploration
- Individualized time frames.
- Assists students with the exploration of their chosen career choices and with career opportunities in Bradford County; incorporates adult mentoring and field trips to area training facilities and businesses.
- Individualized according to the availability of worksites and student access to the sites
- Incorporate reinforcement of social behavior, decision making, team work and other activities
- Adult mentoring is an aspect of these experiences
- All site supervisors are provided with training to promote work maturity concepts
- Year round and summer only employment opportunities are also available
- Job shadowing opportunities are available and developed as necessary and appropriate to meet student needs
Job Search Assistance
- Individualized or group settings
- Resume writing, interview skills, cover letters, and job leads
- Group classes are available at Bradford County Action and the PA CareerLink®
- Individual appointments with employability staff are available. Appointments may be scheduled at the school for the convenience of the student
Job Retention Services
- Budgeting and life skills strategies are designed to assist students with employment planning
- Information regarding childcare and transportation services available in Bradford County are provided when necessary
- Employer/employee early intervention contacts can be made to encourage job retention
Follow Up Case Management
- Guidance for participation in programs is provided to those who enroll
- Follow up and information about possible support services is also provided on an individualized basis as appropriate for students